CARPET CLEANING TIPSGet cleaning tips and tricks from our experts
Three Tips for Proper Carpet Care
straight from the Carpet & Rug Institute
If there’s anyone who knows how much of a chore carpet cleaning can be, it’s us! Other than your neighborhood carpet cleaners at North American Chem-Dry, there are few people who actually enjoy vacuuming and cleaning their home. The sad truth is that regular cleaning is required to keep your carpets as nice as possible for as long as possible. By sticking to a regular cleaning routine, you can make sure other things aren’t sticking to your carpet. Understanding the right way to clean will help you save time and money in the long run!
Below are three simple steps to keeping your carpet clean and looking great:
- Remember to vacuum regularly with a well-functioning vacuum. Obvious but sometimes unappreciated tip: empty your vacuum often for best results.
- Clean spots and spills quickly. Make sure you use products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to attract more dirt.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 6 to 12 months to remove built-up dirt and dust. For the best results and benefits, try a more frequent 6-month cleaning routine.
Prevent Carpets From Getting Dirty in the First Place
The best way to keep your home clean is by stopping dirt from getting inside in the first place. The following helpful hints can stop dirt before it ever hits your carpet.
- Use mats. Outdoor and indoor mats or runners will catch dirt to greatly reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
- Take off your shoes . You can save wear and tear on carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before walking on your carpet.
- Change your air filters. Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet & furniture.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout Sonoma County, including: Sonoma, Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Cotati, Rohnert Park, Glen Ellen, Kenwood, Sebastapol, Windsor, Healdsburg, and the surrounding areas.